Advertisement

black and white by SINEDRIFTER (performed entirely on the Elektron Octatrack MKII)

black and white by SINEDRIFTER (performed entirely on the Elektron Octatrack MKII) These are the visuals that accompanied the live set I composed for my performance at Synthplex 2019 in Burbank, CA. Headliners included BT and Thomas Dolby.

Going into the creation of the visuals that were projected onto the large screen in the main room, I wanted there to be a narrative, and its course became clear once I was done composing the music.

The story involves the many sides that the main character, Dot, has in her heart, mind, and soul. When her personalities begin to take over, she loses touch with reality, and is ultimately taken by them.

Since this project was extremely involved, I decided I'd sync the audio and visuals, resulting in the video you're watching now.

I used only one Elektron Octatrack MKII for my entire performance, and every sample is original, with the exception of:

1) Janeane Garofalo in the film Reality Bites saying, "OK, it's getting too psychotic in here."

2) Julia Roberts in the film Notting Hill saying, "Don't forget, I'm only just a girl."

3) A one-shot snare drum sample from an Oberheim DMX, which I purchased from Samples from Mars

4) A one-shot sample of a drum that came with the Elektron Octatrack MKII

All other samples, loops, phrases, etc. are my original compositions. The instruments I used include the Access Virus TI2 Polar, Clavia Nord Lead 3, Roland SH-101, Moog Minimoog Model D, and Roland TR-707. All sequencing was done on the Sequentix Cirklon.

I also recorded Erin's spoken word poetry samples in the last 10 minutes. All puppets were her creations, and the Raquel doll was, of course, made by Mattel.

I'd like to thank Erin, Kelly, Minx, Evelina, Natasha, Ashley, and Robin for their invaluable contributions. We are SINEDRIFTER.

Video was shot using a Sony a7ii with a Zeiss 55mm lens.

access virus ti polar,clavia nord lead 3,roland sh101,minimoog,roland tr707,elektron octatrack mkii,synths,black and white film,SINEDRIFTER,avant garde music,experimental,ambient,synth wave,retro wave,vapor wave,80s music,elektron,octatrack,music for film,soundtracks,vintage synths,analog synthesizer,moog,electronic music,octatrack review,

Post a Comment

0 Comments