Advertisement

Laundry Day

Laundry Day I love making my own laundry detergent and fabric softener. It's super easy and saves me money. Though I do spend a little extra to purchase the Young Living Thieves laundry soap as a base to my laundry detergent, I only use 1/4 of a cup to make a gallon of detergent. However, you can easily substitute castile soap. I actually used castile when I first started making it.

My recipe for laundry detergent:
1/4 cup Young Living Thieves laundry soap OR Castile soap
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup super washing soda
OPTIONAL for heavy duty detergent: 2 tbsp Thieves all purpose cleaner
Add to a 1 gallon container and fill with water. Mix well.

For Fabric softener:
1 cup baking soda
1 cup white vinegar
Add to a 1 gallon container and fill with water. Mix well.

I have always used the same recipe for fabric softener. It works very well for me. It also doesn't slime up the inside of my washing machine. I dry my clothes on a regular heat cycle and throw in a couple dryer balls. To smells yummy, I add a few drops of my favorite essential oils to the balls.

I hope you like this video. I hope it helps someone out there to cut some harmful chemicals from your home. If you ever want to check your detergent to see what all might be in there that could be harmful to your body, check out the Environmental Working Group website.

Happy Laundry Day yall! Have a super duper day....Until next week.....

3 John 1:2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

laundry detergent,detergent,laundry,fabric softener,softener,healthy living,frugal,save money,DIY,homemade,homemade laundry,castile,young living,thieves,shannon dykstra,wings of refuge,dykstra homestead,

Post a Comment

0 Comments