Advertisement

Autism & persistence with therapy

Autism & persistence with therapy We found a snake lurking in our back yard, so I think I need to start teaching Ethan that he can't approach snakes! Teaching about danger is difficult with his autism so it might be a question for one of his therapists. Aside from that, I received some great feedback from Ethan's speech therapist about how happy she was with his progress. Our persistence is starting to pay off and it's certainly making life at home a lot easier for us too. We're still working on getting Ethan to ask for help but we've extended that to encouraging him to become comfortable with asking for help from different people and not just Diana and I.

This channel is about my daily and family life as a full-time father living with epilepsy while also looking after my autistic son Ethan. Ethan has been diagnosed with level two autism spectrum disorder. Any therapy, tips or techniques suggested in my videos may be specific to our son so we encourage you to seek professional help if you haven't done so already. If you are a mom, dad, uncle, aunt, brother, sister or anything else in between, I hope that by sharing our journey with you we can show you that you are not alone and that close community, love and mental health matters.

You can also follow me on these social platforms:
[Instagram] -
[Facebook] -
[Twitter] -

autism,autism awareness,autism and asking for help,autism safety,autism australia,australia,brisbane,queensland,autism and the danger of snakes,autism and persistence,persistence,

Post a Comment

0 Comments