Advertisement

Royal Enfield Himalayan 6000 kms update| Good Thus Far

Royal Enfield Himalayan 6000 kms update| Good Thus Far Hey

Bike has crossed 6000 kms, has not been ridden much since last update. But its time to service now, will be done shortly

The bike has been running great, there were some niggles/small issues like the cone set top/lock nut getting lose at there own whim, requiring adjustment and tightening every 400-500 kms. But that has been sorted.

Side stand was another hassle while offroading where the bracket holding the spring broke on two different occasions, sorted now. Rear shock preload adjustment is yielding good results both on and off road, so thats covered aswell. The bike sits up and rides beautifully, I am at 5th step of adjustment and as of now dont see a reason to go down but might try going up one more step.

To say engine is a lot smoother now would be an overstatement, I just dont see any marked difference, I guess its a smooth running mill to begin with. What I can say is that the pull after 4500 feels like a ride on the wave of torque all the way up to 7200 ish mark with slight buzz though.

Gear shifts were not a problem to begin with but when new there was slight clunkiness, that is no more and shifts are a butter smooth, with some occasional false neutral, my lazziness is more to be blamed for that.

I also tried adjusting the windshield but ended up going back to original setting as the lower portion of the wind shield (once adjusted) touches the headlight bezel thus blame my laziness again as that experiment ended up badly scratching the bezel.

But overall so far so good. I think these small niggles didnt bother me as I knew well before buying that some adjustments will, like always, be needed.

Cheers :)

P.S: Next up would be the video about adjusting the wind shield "the right way" (Hopefully)
And Serving at home vid

Royal Enfield Himalayan,6000 kms update,/ Good Thus Far,

Post a Comment

0 Comments