Advertisement

Bathing in the Money with Uncle Scrooge: RGBIB 115

Bathing in the Money with Uncle Scrooge: RGBIB 115 The great Carl Barks, imperfectly explained by someone with no degree in "graphic novels" or "heterogeneous textuality," but who definitely reads lots of fun stuff in the bathtub.

And don't miss our never-ending offer of free lifetime memberships for both you and a "bathing buddy" in the International Bathing Alliance. Just drop me a note and say, "Sign me and x up" and give me your location so you can easily be found by the supreme court of public opinion–who will NOT be pleased! Here's the current state of the map:



P.S. I'm adding this brief note a day after first posting the video. There are two other quite enjoyable versions of Uncle Scrooge that have influenced many contemporary fans. Don Rosa did a series of Uncle Scrooge comics (for Egmont and others, I believe) that are supposed to be very good, and which Rosa acknowledges to be influenced by Barks. These are ALSO being released in large compendium volumes and while I haven't read them yet, I often order them by mistake when I think I'm ordering the Barks volumes.

There's also the various "Duck Tales" cartoons in the nineties that were often shown on TV in the UK. My son and his friends (and I) loved those, and from what I saw, they were also influenced by Carl Barks–though they didn't seem to credit him.

But if you only know those animated cartoons, you will almost certainly find Barks even better.

RGBIB

Post a Comment

0 Comments